zondag 24 juli 2011

2011 mirroring my face





Left side of my face mirrored



Right side of my face mirrored


















I ve mirrored both sides of my face to really see each side of myself in totality. And this gives me two totally different expressions, like two totally different people entirely. I see the ‘right’ face as very masculine and the ‘left’ face as more soft and feminine. The right is extremely serious, with a very long face and chin, eyes straight forward, very serious look. But I see fear and sadness in the eyes, because the eyes seem pushed back into the face, much insecurity. The left face is much more open, looks calm and relaxed, at least more than the right one, eyes are big and wide. The right face has almost that ‘sad puppy’ face where the eyelids sort of push the eyes to the middle as if to look up, asking for pity. While the left face’s eyes look much more stable, not asking for anything, just being here. So although the right face seems much stronger, masculine, serious, inside, which is seen in the eyes, it is not strong at all, it is even asking for pity, it feels lost and desperate, it is searching and looking.
Now the left face isn’t trying to be strong, isn’t trying to be serious and keep it all together, it is just open, but in the eyes I see much more actual strength then I see in the eyes of the right face, because the left one just is, within acceptance of reality as it is, so not looking for anything, so not lost or desperate either.


what i also see is that the left face looks like it would want to defend itself, while the right face looks harmless, it wouldnt hurt a fly, it would even let itself be attacked without fighting back, because it looks so sad and powerless. and i know i do that: on one hand i often let people walk all over me and i easily give myself up and give up on myself, but on the other hand i can really defend myself and i easily feel attacked by people. i often feel like people are trying to gain power over me and then i want to defend myself, let them see that they will not have power over me, i am a strong girl, like i m fighting for my place in the world, fighting for respect.

1 opmerking:

Ann zei

Kim cool you inspired me to try this on my face as well and it is like 2 completely different people! check it out
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=10150299885219921&set=o.141975872556322&type=1&theater